Hot Topics on Social Media

 It is here! Not Christmas, though soon...it is the final blog of the 'Influenced by a Fake Reality' collection! I have thoroughly enjoyed bringing my thoughts and research together to complete this, I have learnt more than I thought possible. Social media will always be in our lives now in modern society, is that a bad thing? Who knows! That is one for you to decide! We all know my opinion about it...

For my final blog (don't start crying now!), I have decide to go back to my roots...gossiping with you all! I am going to be discussing the trending stories from the social media world that we are all consumed by! Sooo lets go! 

The Queen of Gossip - Wendy Williams during her Hot Topics segment (2020)

Right, here we go. Let's get into the hop topics...Firstly, I have to say it; Kim Kardashian and Pete Davidson, what? Like c'mon, who could have predicted this new 'relationship'. As a die hard KUWK fan (you might have noticed), I knew Kim's previous relationship with the famous 72 day marriage with Kris Humpries would not have lasted. Especially marrying someone with the same name as your mummy, that was one of the reasons I knew. However, her and Kanye? I thought that was for life. But apparently not... She seems to have moved on with SNL comedian Pete Davidson, with some staged hand holding and a cringey shot of Pete's lovebite presumably from Kim, you just couldn't write it...or could you? Or more specifically, the mastermind herself Kris Jenner! 

The famously staged handholding by Kim K and Pete Davidson (2021)

Why do you think she would be behind this? Well, I am sure you have heard of the tragic events that  happened at Astroworld. Unfortunately, 10 individuals died aged from 9 - 27 and hundreds were injured, it is a heart breaking story. Videos of the events that unfolded exploded on twitter. Some, with extremely graphic nature, show the rappers lack of awareness or lack of care (whatever way it can be perceived) for this. As the crowds chanted to stop the show and multiple ambulances in the crowd, the rapper continued on for 40 minutes. Why is this relevant to Kris Jenner and the Kardashian empire you may ask? So, Travis Scott girlfriend is Kylie Jenner, the makeup mogul of the Kardashian clan. She is being heavily critcised as her Instagram videos of the concert that show an ambulance van in the crowd..so surely she was aware? If she was, was Travis? So this has created hate from around the world towards them both along with 1 billion dollars worth of lawsuits against him. So, how could he or Kylie recover in the celeb world after this? Well!! With Kris Jenner staging Kim and Pete's relationship, the controversy around this is certainty overpowering (wrongly so) the real controversy... it seems the Kardashians will never be stopped!

Grieving fans at Astroworld memorial for the 10 victims (2021)

We are moving on.. what's your music taste? Pop, Hip-pop, classical, indie? No matter your particular taste in music, we all love an Adele song, as depressing as they are as she's basically singing about some random English fella ripping her heart out... who I am sure regrets it! Anyways... Adele has dropped her new album '30' after six years out of the music game. Have you heard it? I personally haven't as I am trying to get into the Christmas spirit (Mariah Carey - All I want for Christmas is you is on repeat for the next month) and do not want to cry myself to sleep anytime soon. (However, her album is doing amazing "Adele's 30 has shot to number one, overtaking Abba to become the fastest-selling album of the year so far. Its 261,000 first-week chart sales" (Mark Savage, 2021). The one song I have properly listened to her single from the album 'Easy on me' and thankfully it is not as sad as hers usually are! Though, if you want to cry since this is the final blog, '30' is available on all listening platforms so let it all out! 

Adele's album '30' with song list (2021)

So that's us! That's the  final blog done and I want to thank everyone who has read this collection and I hope you have enjoyed it as much as I have! If you haven't checked out the others; the topics range from negative impacts of social media to catfishing online... you won't regret it! 


Comments

  1. Excellent writing and very true. Kardashians are prime example of how people live their fake lives in the media. Everything they do is masterminded by their mother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this series !! Learnt so much and in such a light hearted way. Hope to see more from you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment